The Sheridan Road Charitable Foundation’s mission is to improve the experiences of young people that will lead to positive long-term life outcomes.
OUR VISION IS TO...
- Be a national umbrella organization that helps bring together similar social service groups through various geographic regions to collaborate, expand, and/or share best-practices.
- Look for organizations at the nexus of the connection of our core areas of focus that are paramount, integral and foundational to long-term life success.
- Bring together a national advisory board from all over the country to shine a spotlight on our core areas of focus to identify ideas and organizations that will improve life outcomes for young people.
- Provide a national footprint of support to organizations through a local lens. Cross-pollinate solutions that work among similar organizations.
- Support visionaries at the front line who have unique solutions and can provide support systems needed to help the next generation to improve their life outcomes.
- Live up to the Foundation’s slogan “The Road to Change Begins Here.” This conveys the message that change is possible and that one group can make a difference.
- We attempt to build partnerships between established businesses, individuals and volunteers in our targeted geographies to find solutions that last and transform lives and communities.
- We bring a powerful combination of philanthropy, financial literacy education, and funding resources to make a difference in our communities. Our focus to inspire others to improve the life outcomes of young people through financial giving and volunteerism with specific initiatives across geographies.
- We believe that we can affect change to help young people and communities reach their full potential.
- Examples of this would include addressing the lack of financial literacy across all socioeconomic strata, targeting creativity and arts in education, improving after-school programs that empower children in under-resourced communities, and shining a spotlight on the issues of mental health, financial, and emotional well-being.